Thanks for using MyEdgeScout or visiting one of our websites. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit one of our websites, or when you use our Services. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
These definitions should help you understand this policy. When we say “we,” “us,” “our,” and “MyEdgeScout,” we are referring to RRAMAC LLC, a State of Florida limited liability company. We provide online platforms that are designed to integrate with remotely located assets, allowing operators to monitor, control and optimize equipment and assets wherever they are located When we say “Member,” we are referring to the person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services. When we say “you,” we are referring either to a Member or to some other person who visits any of our Websites. A “Subscriber” is a person you contact through our Services, or a person who you might choose to contact at some point in the future through the use of our Services. “Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify you or a Subscriber, including, but not limited to, first and last name, email address, gender, occupation or other demographic information.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
Attn. Privacy Officer
15400 Medina Rd
Plymouth, MN 55330 USA
Information We Collect
- List and email information:When you create an email with the Services, we have and may access the data on your list and the information in your email.
- Information from your use of the Service:We may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our Services for both you and for all of our users.
- Web beacons:We use web beacons on our Websites and in our emails. When we send emails to Members, we may track behavior such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Members. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We also include Web Beacons in the emails we deliver for you. We use the data from those Web Beacons to create reports about how your email campaign performed and what actions your Subscribers took. Reports are also available to us when we send email to you, so we may collect and review that information.
- Information from other sources:We may receive more information about you or your Subscribers, such as name, email address, demographic information, IP addresses, location, and use of social media websites, by searching the Internet or querying third parties (we refer to that information as “Supplemental Information”). We use Supplemental Information to develop features including Social Profiles, a tool that helps you learn about your Subscribers and allows you to send them more relevant content.
- Information from the use of our Mobile Apps:When you use our mobile apps, we may collect certain information in addition to information described elsewhere in this Policy. For example, we may collect information about the type of device and operating system you use. We may ask you if you want to receive push notifications about activity in your account. If you have opted in to these notifications and no longer want to receive them, you may turn them off through your operating system. We do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device unless you have given us permission. We may use mobile analytics software (such as io) to better understand how people use our application. We may collect information about how often you use the application and other performance data.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive.You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by our Members.This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about the steps we take to safeguard that data, see Section 13 below.
- To communicate with our Members about their account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements,including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer.This includes our use of the data that our Members provide us in order to enable our Members to use the Services to communicate with their Subscribers. This also includes, for example, aggregating information from your use of the Services or visit to our Websites and sharing this information with third parties to improve our Services. This might also include sharing your information or the information you provide us about your Subscribers with third parties in order to provide and support our Services or to make certain features of the Services available to you. When we do have to share Personal Information with third parties, we take steps to protect your information by requiring these third parties to enter into a contract with us that require them to use the Personal Information we transfer to them in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Data Collected for and by our Users
As you use our Services, you may import into our system Personal Information you have collected from your Subscribers or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with your Subscribers or any person other than you, and for that reason, you are responsible for making sure you have the appropriate permission for us to collect and process information about those individuals. Consistent with the uses of Personal Information covered in Section 6, we may transfer Personal Information of you or your Subscribers to companies that help us promote, provide, or support our Services or the services of our Members (“Service Providers”). All Service Providers enter into a contract with us that protects Personal Information and restricts their use of any Personal Information consistent with this policy. As part of our Services, we may use and incorporate into features information you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have collected about Subscribers. We may share this information, including Subscriber email addresses, with third parties in line with the approved uses in Section 6.
If you are a Subscriber and no longer want to be contacted by one of our Members, please unsubscribe directly from that Member’s newsletter or contact the Member directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time and after providing notice to the Member of your request.
We will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our Members for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
Public Information and Third Party Websites
We may disclose Personal Information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy:
- Service providers. Sometimes, we need to use third party Service Providers in order to provide and support the features of our Services. For example, if it is necessary to provide you something you have requested (like send you a T-shirt or enable a feature such as Social Profiles), then we may share your Personal Information with a Service Provider for that purpose. We will tell you we are working with a Service Provider whenever reasonably possible, and you may request at any time the names of our Service Providers. Just like with the other third parties we work with, these third party Service Providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
- Advertising partners. We may partner with third parties to display advertising on our Websites or to manage our advertising on other sites and may share Personal Information with them for this purpose. All third parties with which we share this information enter into a contract with us that requires them to use your Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. We or our third party partners may use technologies, such as cookies, to gather information about your activities on our Websites and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. For more information about cookies, please see our Cookie Statement here.
Contest and Sweepstakes
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We use the information you provide to administer Our Promotions. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
Content of Notifications
Our system can be configured to send out notifications to users about asset status. Notifications can be delivered via: email, text message or push notification. Changing which notifications you receive and the content they contain can be made through the notification console in you MyEdgeScout site.
Sometimes we review the content of our Members’ notifications to make sure they comply with best practices or to help develop new features surrounding notification delivery. Our employees or independent contractors may review those particular notifications. This benefits all Members because it reduces the amount of spam being sent through our servers and helps us maintain high deliverability.
When the system sends an email notification, it bounces from server to server as it crosses the Internet. Along the way, server administrators can read what you send. Email was not built for confidential information. Please do not use MyEdgeScout email notifications to send confidential information.
- Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then MyEdgeScout will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
MyEdgeScout accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your asset list is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
We Operate in the United States
Our servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy. By using our Websites, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy.
Members located in Australia
If you are a Member who lives in Australia, this Section applies to you. We are subject to the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 (“Australian Privacy Act”). Here are the specific points you should be aware of:
Where we say we assume an obligation about Personal Information, we are also requiring our subcontractors to undertake a similar obligation, where relevant.
We will not use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose of our direct marketing to you unless: you have consented to receive direct marketing; you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for the marketing; or we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent. You may opt out of any marketing materials we send to you through an unsubscribe mechanism or by contacting us directly. If you have requested not to receive further direct marketing messages, we may continue to provide you with messages that are not regarded as “direct marketing” under the Australian Privacy Act, including changes to our terms, system alerts, and other information related to your account.
Our servers are primarily located in the United States. In addition, we or our subcontractors may use cloud technology to store or process Personal Information, which may result in storage of data outside Australia. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance which country will have jurisdiction over this type of off-shore activity. All of our subcontractors, however, are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Act in relation to the transfer or storage of Personal Information overseas.
If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act, to correct that information upon your request.
If you are unsatisfied with our response to a privacy matter then you may consult either an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for additional help. We will provide our full cooperation if you pursue this course of action.
Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
As explained in Sections 6 and 9 of this policy, MyEdgeScout shares your Personal Information and the Personal Information you may have collected from your Subscribers with Service Providers in order to provide and support our Services.
We will give an individual, either you or a Subscriber, access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend or delete information we hold about them by contacting us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual, either you or a Subscriber, from our servers at your or their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Information.
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us through our contact form or email at email@example.com.
Do Not Track Disclosure
“Do Not Track” is a standard that is currently under development. Because it is not yet finalized, MyEdgeScout adheres to the standards in this policy and does not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests. That said, some of our features may have the ability to monitor or follow Do Not Track browser requests.